The French capital, Paris, is known for its spectacular sight and great ambience. Its great historical monuments, lip-smacking cuisine, set it apart. Beautiful museums, cafes, markets, and gardens, etc. adorn its mesmerizing beauty.
You can make use of their affordable public transport to wander around Paris. But the best way to explore the city is by walking on the foot. Today we have presented an ultimate travel guide to Paris that can help you know about it better.
About Paris and Why should you visit it?
Paris is the capital of France and is situated in the north-central part of the country. It has been one of the preferable tourist places, among others, globally. The city is best known for its culture, food, and splendid beauty. Paris is situated in the central part of the Île-de-France region, crossed by Seine, Oise, and Marne rivers.
You should visit Paris because it is a romantic city and a food paradise on earth. Their world-renowned cafes are a must to visit at least once in a lifetime. With an abundance of museums, mesmerizing cemeteries, to the iconic Eiffel Tower, this city must be in your travel bucket list.
Best places in Paris to visit
These are some of the places in Paris that one must travel to while visiting this city. Let’s have a look!
- The Louvre
- Eiffel Tower
- Moulin Rouge
- Quartier Latin
- Arc De Triomphe
- Palace of Versailles
- Palais Garnier
- Musee Picasso
- Le Marais
- Galeries Lafayette
- Île de la Cité
- Louis Vuitton Foundation
- Montmartre, etc.
Where to stay in Paris?
Finding a place to stay while travelling to a city can be a tedious task sometimes. We have listed some top-rated hotels in this guide for you. These hotels are not only famous for their customer service but also are best reviewed by customers. You may consider some of the following places to stay in Paris:
#1. Affordable Hotel: dorm rooms cost around $45-65.
#2. Mid-budget Hotel: per night cost is approximately $90-180.
#3. Luxury Hotel: it costs around $200+
#4. Best Guesthouse: Regyn’s Montmartre
#5. Best Hotel: Hôtel Le Compostelle
10 Best places to visit in Paris
Let’s have a look at the ten best places to visit in Paris.
1. The Eiffel Tower (seventh arrondissement)
Eiffel Tower was designed to commemorate the centennial of the French Revolution and is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel. It is the second tallest free-standing structure in Paris after Millau Viaduct. You can enjoy the mesmerizing light show of Eiffel Tower in the evening.
- It is one of the most visited monuments in the world.
- Evening light shows.
- Its first level features a historical gallery for visitors.
- Animated window scenes.
- Amazing glass floor.
- Breathtaking top floor view.
- Elevator climb of 18 meters.
2. Louvre Museum
Louvre Museum is the most visited art museum in the world. This historical building is situated in the heart of Paris. It is a former royal palace with an area of around 210,000 square meters. The remains of the fortress are available in the basement and are divided into eight departments.
- “Mona Lisa” by Leonardo Da Vinci (Denon Wing, Room 711).
- Venus De Milo (Sully Wing, Room 346).
- Victoire de Samothrace (Denon Wing, Room 703).
- Louis XIV by Hyacinthe Rigaud (Sully Wing, Room 916), etc.
3. Notre Dame Cathedral
Notre Dame Cathedral is one of the most abiding symbols of Paris. This Roman Catholic cathedral is the most beautiful example of French Gothic Architecture. The top view from this structure is spectacular. Its major highlights are as follows.
- Magnificent exterior.
- Largest rose window.
- Imposing and ornate pillars.
- It has the oldest and most exquisite surviving statuary.
- A gallery of 28 statues of kings of Israel.
4. Cruise on the Seine
It is the best way to visit Paris at night. You can witness a panoramic view of lighted monuments. Apart from this, you can also enjoy cruise dinner on the Seine abroad a boat. Let’s have a look at its significant highlights.
- You can explore the Seine river and its mysterious beauty.
- Splendid cruise dinner on a boat.
- Panoramic view of monuments.
- Excellent cruise experience.
5. Arc De Triomphe
Arc De Triomphe is the largest monument of its kind in the world. On top of this arc, 558 generals and great victories are engraved. The Tomb of the unknown soldier of France exists under this arc monument. It is located on the Place de l’Etoile, which leads to the Champs Elysees. Its major highlights are as under.
- Its terrace top view features a spectacular view of the city.
- Warrior, statues, reliefs, and engravings of unknown heroes of World War I.
6. Palace of Versailles
The Palace of Versailles is one of the most famous castles in France. It was built in the 17th century as a symbol of France’s military power. It has a vast complex of buildings, gardens, and terraces. It’s lavish decoration, furniture, and accommodations set it apart.
- An extensive royal estate ever created.
- Numerous palaces, gardens, lakes and a grand canal.
- The Royal Opera.
- Chamber and the Hall of mirrors
Montmartre is located on the north side of Paris. On top, it has world-famous white-domed Basilica of the Sacred Heart. This scripture honours French victims of the Franco-Prussian War of 1870. You can also find some artists in the neighbourhood that can paint tourists or exhibit their work.
- In the neighbourhood, you can find Square of Tertre.
- The famous cabaret Moulin Rouge is located in this place.
- The hub of modern art in the 20th century.
8. Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge is a world-famous cabaret in France. It is known as the spiritual birthplace of the popular French Cancan. At present, it is a tourist place that provides entertainment for its visitors. Some of its major highlights are given below.
- It features a beautiful show with colourful, talented singers and dancers.
- An elegant dining room with old and glamorous posters.
- Ravishing costumes and shows.
- Engaging cabaret dancers.
- French music.
9. Luxembourg Park
Luxembourg Park – the Latin Quarter is located in the left bank of the Seine river. It is the dome for several higher education institutions. The park is a private garden open to the public (created in 1612) to accompany Luxembourg Palace. Some of its significant highlights are given further.
- The garden surrounds Luxembourg Palace.
- It is quite enjoyable to walk around.
- You can also find an orchard, different varieties of apples, and a greenhouse with the orchid collection.
- There are 106 statues, a bronze replica of Statue of Liberty, and three beautiful fountains.
10. Disneyland (Paris)
We have always admired Disneyland due to our admiration for cartoons as a kid. Paris also has its own Disneyland, which is such a treat to visit. It is located 32 km from central Paris. Let’s have a look at its top attractions.
- It has two theme parks: Disneyland with Sleeping Beauty Castle and Walt Disney Studios.
- Space Mountain.
- Big Thunder Mountain.
- Some notable mentions are Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Alice’s Labyrinth.
Frequently asked questions
Q1: What is the best area to stay in Paris?
The best area to stay in Paris in St. Germain due to an abundance of vibrant bars, restaurants, and it is close to the river Seine. Otherwise, the choice of the place also depends on one’s personality, preferences, and budget.
Q2: Where should I stay in Paris for the first time?
For the first time in Paris, one should stay in 7th Arrondissement.
Q3: Which places to avoid in Paris?
Paris is an extremely safe city, but there are certain areas to avoid as tourists to save your time and efforts. You must avoid areas around Les Hella’s metro, especially at night. The area around Moulin Rouge is not safe for all.
Q4: Where should I stay in Paris to walk everywhere?
One should choose places that are safe to walk around everywhere. The central region of Paris is safe and a treat to explore while walking.